Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I created a plagiarism awareness presentation. Who would think a lesson on plagiarism would engage three EBS classes?!!

By using a mix of answerable and "food for thought" questions, I feel that my students have a better understanding of what is right. In one class 60% fessed up to having plagiarized and slightly lower numbers in the other two. The anonymity allowed them to discuss views without admitting their own moral shortcomings! I hope to polish this up as an extension of what I did previously for my Plagiarism Awareness Committee. I also would love to see students design their own questionnaires.

The design process took some struggle with the different PowerPoint years. My PC has 2003 so I converted to 2007, but then the labs wouldn't recognize the newer. Thankfully Amarjit, winded but quite cheerfully literally ran to the rescue to Tech.(I'm sorry I can't remember who else came that first day). The second time she and Manny came as well. There was an interface problem but this was rectified.

If I can learn to do this better, without the glitches, I would like to use this for other lessons. It truly is a wonderful tool.

No comments: